St. Margaret’s C of E Junior School
Religious Education at St Margaret's Church of England School
Our aim is for Christian principals and ethos to be at the heart of every aspect of the school life. Through a wide exploration of religious beliefs and practices we hope children will gain deepening insight into other religions as well as their own.
We aim for our Religious Education curriculum to:
- to develop awareness of the spiritual and moral dimensions of life experience.
- to develop knowledge and understanding of Christianity and other principal religious traditions represented in Great Britain.
- to learn about Christianity as the basis for our scheme of work
- to have knowledge of a range of Christian stories from the bible
- to develop understanding of what it might mean to be committed to a religious tradition.
- to reflect on their own experiences, beliefs and values.
- to have confidence in their own viewpoint whilst engaging in open and honest enquiry
- to respect the rights of others to hold beliefs different to their own
- view religion as a joyous experience to be celebrated with music, movement and drama – a living activity in a cross curricular context
- to become successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- to become confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- to aspire to be responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
We celebrate a variety of religious events across the school including Christmas, Easter, Diwali and Jesus Christ day.